Last Updated October 22, 2018
1. INTRODUCTION. WhatsNewLocal.com takes your privacy very seriously, and takes many steps to protect any personal information we may hold as a result of our interaction with you. This policy details our data protection commitments and the terms under which we may use and store any data relating to you and any transaction with us. If we update this policy, we will revise the date noted at the top of this policy, place notices on WhatsNewLocal.com if changes are material and/or obtain your consent as required by law.
We follow strict security procedures for the storage and disclosure of information you have given us in order to prevent unauthorized access. In order for you to use WhatsNewLocal.com service, we need some of your personal data so that we can identify you amongst all of our other users when we:
- report sales and usage to you;
- monitor your account;
- provide you with help and support;
- collect fees;
- let you know about new services the we have;
- help you sell your products.
3. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY. We take safety very seriously and have limited use of WhatsNewLocal.com only to persons 18 years of age or older. Accordingly, we do not intentionally collect or maintain on the Site personally identifying or other information from persons under 18 years of age. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
4. PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY.
- We take precautions to prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of data about you.
- The only advertising on our website is through means of user listings and/or user-generated blog posts which may contain links to other websites beyond our control; no other advertisements or third-party marketing are enacted on behalf of WhatsNewLocal.com on our website.
- We never share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We do not employ tracking devices for marketing purposes.
- Our standard communications with you are limited to website-related features and updates. From time to time, we may also present you with a voluntary survey or questionnaire about our current or possible future services or products that asks for non-personal information from you.
- Any promotional and marketing communications with you are provided on an “opt-in/opt-out” basis. Promotional newsletters sent on behalf of WhatsNewLocal.com will feature current users’ product and business listings from your home country.
- It is your responsibility to review privacy policies of any third-party sites you may access through links on WhatsNewLocal.com.
- If you use a shared computer to access the Website and to register, you should always make sure you sign out of your account once you have finished and you must keep your account information private and confidential.
5. DATA WE USE TO PROVIDE OUR SERVICES. Certain data collection is necessary to provide our Services. Data may be used for the following purposes: (i) to provide and improve our services, features, and content; (ii) to administer your use of our Services and your account; (iii) to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate our website; (iv) to better understand your needs and interests; (v) to fulfill requests you may make; (vi) to personalize your experience; (vii) to provide service or website-related announcements; (viii) to provide you with further information and offers from WhatsNewLocal.com members in your home country. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive promotional communications from WhatsNewLocal.com, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or reply to email address on any given email with your preference; (ix) to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of the Website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
The following data may be collected and used in the scope of providing our Services:
- Data you post. Data you post or send via WhatsNewLocal.com, send to us directly via email or postal mail, or through other websites
- Transactional data. Credit card data, which is transmitted to payment processors via a security protocol (e.g. Secure Sockets Layer or “SSL”) that encrypts information you provide to us as part of the sales transaction. When we confirm your order we will show only the last four numbers of the credit or debit card used to pay for the purchase. We transmit the full card details as required by the appropriate credit/debit card company when processing the order and payment and will check the payment details provided are valid. You consent to such checks being made. In performing these security checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency. They may keep a record of that information. These checks are performed only to confirm your identity and that the payment details provided are valid.
- Data you submit to us. Data you submit or provide to us (e.g. name, address, email, phone, photos, tax ID, StripeConnect ID)
- Log Files. As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
- Data about your devices (e.g. screen size, storage, plugins)
- Data from third parties (e.g. phone type, geo-location via IP address)
6. DATA WE STORE. We retain data as needed for our business purposes and as required by law. We make good faith efforts to store your data securely, but can make no guarantees. You may access and update certain data about you via your Account Settings and Profile pages on WhatsNewLocal.com.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose certain data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If WhatsNewLocal.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of WhatsNewLocal.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
8. MESSAGING AND COMMUNICATION WITHIN OUR SERVICE. When participating in our community-focused services such as blogs, newsletter, chat, instant messaging, personal inbox, or other similar services, you should be aware that any information you share may be visible to other users. Please note that information that you share on one of these forms of communication can be viewed, obtained or used by others to contact you. By accessing these features and disclosing personal information, you affirmatively consent to the distribution of your personal information. WhatsNewLocal.com is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums and you are solely responsible for any content that you post there, including, but not limited to, any personal information that you choose to reveal. In using any of these services, you agree that you will not use them for any purpose that is unlawful or in violation of our T&C. Please note that WhatsNewLocal.com may, in its sole discretion, monitor postings in these forums to assure that users are complying with the company’s T&C.
9. LINKS TO EXTERNAL WEBSITES. WhatsNewLocal.com contains links to other websites, mostly through the form of user-generated content. If you choose to visit a third-party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that you may find links to other website through our platform is not an endorsement, authorization or representation that we are affiliated with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
11. SERVICE PROVIDERS. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our services, to provide the services on our behalf, to perform services related to administration of the Site (including, without limitation, maintenance, hosting and database management services, web analytics and administration). These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
12. BUSINESS TRANSFERS. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
13. LEGAL DISCLAIMER. We will also disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions, or in urgent circumstances, to protect personal safety, the public or our Websites, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request. If WhatsNewLocal.com is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
14. DATA SECURITY. Your WhatsNewLocal.com account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. WhatsNewLocal.com safeguards the security of the data you send us with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. Our Website uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to enhance the security of data transmissions. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us, and so we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards as stated above to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
15. YOUR RIGHTS. Your data is only used for WhatsNewLocal.com promotional and marketing newsletters upon your request. You can “opt-in” or “opt-out” at any time by using methods provided on our website and in our emails. You can also exercise your right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. SURVEYS. We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personal information for any other purpose. We will not share the personal information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
17. NEWSLETTERS. If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at email@example.com.
18. PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE BLOG. Our Website offers publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas, including the Comments and Reviews sections, may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or in a comment/review, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
19. ACCESS TO INFORMATION. United States data protection legislation may give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with current legislation and any access request may be subject to a fee of $30 USD to meet our costs in providing you with this information.
20. QUESTIONS AND CONTACT. If you have any questions or concerns about the privacy of your personal information while using the Website, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.