Last Updated July 26, 2019
What’s New Local has a prohibited items policy to protect the safety of our members and to comply with enacted laws and regulations. It is prohibited to use What’s New Local to sell or facilitate the sale of illegal items or regulated goods and services such as alcohol, gambling, pharmaceuticals and unapproved supplements, tobacco, fireworks, weapons, or health/medical devices. The following is a partial list of goods, services, and content prohibited on WhatsNewLocal.com and What’s New Local mobile apps:
- Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia, Medical Drugs, and Pharmaceuticals
- Animal Products and Human Remains, including live animals, items created using any animal species designated as threated or endangered by the US Endangered Species Act or listed in Appendix I of the Convention of International Trade in Endgangered Species (CITES), items made from cat and dog parts as defined by US Federal Law, ivory or bones from ivory-producing animals, items made from human remains.
- Hazardous Materials, Recalled Items, and Weapons, including explosives, flammable items, gases, radioactive material, toxic substances, imitation weapons
- Hate Items: Items that Promote, Support, or Glorify Hatred, including items that contain racial slurs or derogatory terms in reference to protected groups
- Illegal Items, Items Promoting Illegal Activity, and Highly Regulated Items
- Internationally Regulated Items. Through the use of our network, you thus agree to comply with all applicable export and import laws, statutes and regulations, including, but not limited to, the Export Administration Regulations (www.access.gpo.gov/bis/ear/ear_data.html), as well as the sanctions control program of the United States (www.treasury.gov/resource- center/sanctions/Programs/Pages/Programs.aspx). Furthermore, you state and pledge that you:
- are not on the list of prohibited individuals which may be identified on any government export exclusion report (www.bis.doc.gov/complianceandenforcement/liststocheck.htm) nor a member of any other government which may be part of an export-prohibited country identified in applicable export and import laws and regulations;
- agree not to transfer any software, technology or any other technical data through the use of our network Services to any export-prohibited country;
- agree not to use our website network Services for any military, nuclear, missile, chemical or biological weaponry end uses that would be a violation of the U.S. export laws; and
- agree not to post, transfer nor upload any software, technology or any other technical data which would be in violation of the U.S. or other applicable export and/or import laws.
- Pornography and Mature Content
- Violent Items: Items that promote, support, or glorify violence, including human tragedies, natural disasters, acts of violence against individuals or groups, and self-harm.